Brand new baby photo session
This is a lovely relaxed session at home within the first 4 weeks of your birth. Photographing babies earlier makes for some lovely sleepy photos and they can be easier to settle between photos and poses. This is a wonderful time to include siblings, family or friends and to capture those moments when baby first meets some special people in their life, or just your family enjoying time together with your new baby.
I like to keep the newborn photos quite relaxed and prefer to photograph new babies and parents in their home as I find that everyone is more comfortable in their own environments. I would call my style of photography more lifestyle/casual with a few posed photos in there as well using props (blankets, wraps, baskets). If there is a special blanket or something in particular you would like your baby photographed with we can do that as well.
What is included in my photo session package?
My 'Brand New Baby photo session' is $585
- Phone or email consultation to get to know you and plan your session
- Travel to your home. Travel within 30 minutes of Greytown included. Further distances at extra charge.
- Your photo session which will be approximately 1-2 hours long. I like to keep timing flexible as babies can take some time to settle and may often need feeding during my time with you.
- 10 high resolution digital images from your photo session. Included in the session price is a private viewing at my studio to view your images, and I can help you with which images you would like to choose in your package as your favourites. These will be sent to you in a private online gallery ready to download.
- Additional digital files, prints or framed prints and canvases for your wall are an extra cost.
How much can I expect to pay for prints and additional digital files?
I am all about prints! There is just something so timeless about having a beautiful fine art print on your wall of your family. It will be there forever there to keep. No amount of technology will ever take it away. Remember when we saved our photos and data on floppy disks - who knows where we'll be in another 10 years - but print lasts forever.
Your package includes 10 high resolution digital files which are print ready. The investment in high quality professional prints I believe is worth every cent if it fits within your budget. The colour palette is just right and the ink and paper are all made to last. Be wary of some cheaper alternatives. Plenty of clients have returned after being disappointed with cheap online prints. I guess it is the age old 'you get what you pay for' when it comes to beautiful fine art prints.
Professional prints are printed on Ilford GALLERIE Professional Smooth Pearl 310gsm paper.
Individual loose fine art prints:
5 x 7 inch print - $45
210mm x 297mm (A4) - $89
297mm x 420mm (A3) - $189
420mm x 594mm (A2) - $269
Framed prints and framed canvas:
Framed prints come in a choice of either white, black, blonde wood or rimu stain with either white or black matte board.
Canvas prints come tray framed with either a black or white wood frame.
210mm x 297mm (A4) - $179
297mm x 420mm (A3) - $299
420mm x 594mm (A2) - $439
Custom shapes (i.e square or collages), prints and canvas products larger than A2 will be quoted separately.
I love all of the photos from my viewing - am I able to purchase the entire set of digital photos?
You have the option to purchase a copy of all of the photos you see in your viewing on a USB. These photos would be low resolution (screen size) images. The cost for this is $450